Our New Jersey virtual office experts recommend taking these 5 steps to make sure your team’s Zoom call runs smoothly.
- Mute your participants’ speakers when they aren’t talking. One of the main issues with video conferencing is distracting background noises in the participants’ home offices. Zoom allows meeting hosts to mute every participant at once, by hitting Cmd+Ctrl+M on a Mac or Alt+M on a PC. Participants can then unmute themselves when they need to speak.
- Look at your webcam. When you’re speaking, you want to be able to “look at” your coworkers as best you can. To do this, look directly at your webcam, usually located at the top center of your computer screen. For an even better Zoom experience, we recommend the Poly EagleEye Mini Webcam, which we’re offering as part of our Virtual Office package.
- Change your background. If you’re not feeling so proud of your home office background during your Zoom call, don’t worry. Zoom offers its users a wide variety of backgrounds to choose from that are fun and professional. Whether you want to replicate your actual office or your favorite beach, Zoom has you covered!
- Use the beauty filter. If you’re waking up 10 minutes before your morning virtual meeting, you’re probably not the only one. With Zoom’s beauty filter, you can touch up your appearance so your coworkers don’t see your bedhead or tired eyes, and you’ll be ready to go!
- React with emojis. When CEO Eric Yuan and his team created Zoom, they wanted it to be a fun and interactive experience. That’s why they put in an emoji feature! No matter which plan you have, you can share your thoughts on the topic being discussed without interrupting the person speaking. React with a thumbs-up or clapping emoji to let your colleagues know you’re on board!
Our Managed IT team will make sure your virtual office looks the part and drives success. Whether you need a Zoom installation, file transfer or something else, we’re here for you. Contact us at (866) GEM-CORP, or through our website, to get started!