Saddle River Reformed -
Rev. Robert W. Fretz, M.Div.
Our church, known to many as The Old Stone Church, was organized in 1784 as a daughter church of The Old Paramus Church. It is a part of the Reformed Church in America, a denomination which traces its roots to the Dutch community which played such an important role in early American history. While there is evidence that the original church building was erected in 1789, our present sanctuary was built in 1819. An extensive renovation in 1971 – 1972 recreated the appearance of the original structure.