Left Handers Day!
August 13, 2019
It’s officially the 22nd annual Left-Handers Day. For those lefties living in a right-handed world… here’s to you my friends! Today we celebrate the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed. We’ve come a long way from using right-handed scissors and dealing with pen and pencil smudges. We’re often associated with evil or, worse, the devil but who’s to say?!
To celebrate, here are some fun left-handed facts:
– Lefties make up about 10% of the world’s population. (We come in few but we’re a force to be reckoned with!)
– Lefties are to be feared! (That’s right, fear us!) Sinistrophobia is defined as the fear of things on the left side or left-handed people.
– Lefties more frequently utilize the right side of their brains, which controls functions such as Insight & Intuition, Imagination, Creativity, and Art Awareness.
– You may have guessed it! Lefties are more artsy and creative.
– There are only 4 lefties here at the GEM Office!