The Respite care program has been designed to meet the needs of caregivers assisting elderly loved ones who require daily oversight or care at home. These needs may include going away for a brief vacation or business trip, errands or projects that need attention or just a “break” from the day to day tasks involved in caring for a loved one. Family members no longer have to depend solely on friends, relatives or neighbors for relief. This program provides the individual being cared for time away from their daily routine, a chance to meet others and engage in new activities and programs. In addition, during this period of time, the caregiver can have peace of mind knowing that their loved one will be well cared for in a supportive and supervised setting.
In addition, Respite care temporary stay program can also be a good experience in learning about assisted living before making a descision regarding a long term commitment.
The Respite program is available to adults who are medically stable, but due to physical and/or cognitive impairments cannot be left alone or for those who require some recovery time after a hospital or rehab/sub-acute stay.
This program offers:
- Licensed healthcare professionals 24 hrs a day
- Accomodations in spacious private or semi-private rooms
- Assistance with medications if needed
- Emergency call response system
- Three delicious meals served in our lovely dining room
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- On-site spiritual, educational and recreational programs
- There is a minimum two week stay for the respite program