Joseph Henry Bell, Jr. has been a part of Bethel Holy Church his entire life. Joseph served as the church drummer from childhood until adulthood. Growing up in Bethel, Joseph was very active in the ministry serving as a junior usher, youth leader, and Sunday School scholar.
Brother Joseph Bell had a passion for working with choirs, ensembles, praise and worship teams and other musicians.
In the 1980’s and 1990’s, he established the Gospel Fellowship Music Workshop, an organization devoted to educating and ministering to the body of Christ, and specifically ministering to those who were called to music ministry. This ministry opened the door for Elder Bell to produce several gospel recording projects.
On July 7, 1992, Deacon Joseph Bell, Jr. answered the call to preach. He was ordained in 1994 to assist his father, Bishop Joseph Bell, Sr., in ministry at the Bethel Holy Church. As Bishop Bell’s assistant, Elder Bell founded the Bethel Community Bible Institute accredited through the Samuel D. Proctor School of Theology at Virginia Union University. He served faithfully as an assistant to the pastor until Bishop Bell’s passing in December 2015.
Upon the passing of his father, Elder Joseph Bell was appointed as the interim pastor of Bethel Holy Church. On October 22, 2016, Elder Bell was officially installed as the pastor of Bethel.
Pastor Bell is blessed with a wonderful family. He has been happily married to his wife, Toya, since 1992. They have been blessed with four children: Joseph III, Victoria Grace, and James, and Olivia Joy.
Pastor Bell has enjoyed a very impressive career as an educator and a school administrator. He has combined his formal training in education and administration with his knowledge of God’s Word to build the foundations of a dynamic ministry.
What We Believe
– We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible Word of God. We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
– We believe that Jesus is the only Son of God, who was conceived miraculously by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. We believe that this same Jesus dwelt among men, was crucified, buried, and resurrected on the third day. We believe He ascended into heaven and is now sitting on the right hand of God the Father. We believe Jesus will return to rapture His church.
– We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance: faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ. We believe that regeneration is a necessary work of the Holy Spirit. We believe that water baptism is an outward sign of an inward change in your life.
– We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that upon the moment of salvation, the Holy Spirit indwells the believer enabling the believer to live a holy life in this present word.
– We believe in the moving of the Holy Spirit as on the Day of Pentecost. We believe Spiritual Gifts are yet active in the church for the purpose of glorifying God and building up His Kingdom.
– We believe that offerings are an act of worship that should be made regularly as the Lord prospers you. We believe in tithing, giving one tenth of our income to our church as the scripture teaches.
– We believe that we should never forsake the assembling of ourselves in the House of the Lord. We believe that regular assembly in the Lord’s House is a blessing, duty, and right of every believer. We believe that our fellowship with our fellow believers is essential to our spiritual strength, growth, and development.
– We believe that holy matrimony is designed and ordained of God to be between one man and one woman, and that relationship is modeled through Christ’s love for the church. In the Word of God, Christ is described as the Bride Groom and the Church is His Bride.
Get in touch
Welcome to Bethel Holy Church!
922 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA